[Qgis-user] Layer disappearing at different zoom levels.

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Apr 5 23:53:58 PDT 2020

Hi,

Mmm, no I see you are taking about ArcGis layers... not sure if my
epistel below is still valid. Sending anyway...

In my experience the heuristic (if there is) to determine to set the
right crs in QGIS for WMS is not optimal.
Sometimes if a WMS-layer is first, the project takes that layer too so
all is ok.
But sometimes when a project crs is already set, a WMS seems to set a
default crs, OTHER then the project crs and the layer is requested in
another crs then the crs of the project, giving weird results. Maybe if
the WMS advertizes a preferred CRS or so (is this possible)?
Especially the browser is not very clever in this.

So my advice: if the browser works, do it, but if you (as I think) have
a project and are requesting WMS layers in different CRS's then it is
better to use the WMS-dialog.
Then be sure that ALL your wms layer AND your project layer are
requested in the right (or that least the same) crs.

Hope This Helps, Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde