[Qgis-user] Sharing project files

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Mon Apr 6 09:06:56 PDT 2020

This is more an IT problem than a QGIS problem.

If your layer source files are kept on a file server then your IT people
need to institutionalize those files' locations and use permissions,
ownership, access control lists, etc. to manage who can write/move those
files and who can only read them. Another way to go is to manage those
layers in PostgreSQL/PostGIS and institute similar controls. I don't
have enough QGIS-specific experience to know which way is better
overall, but I know enough IT to know that if you have a good
alternative to being dependent on CIFS, you should take it.