[Qgis-user] ISSUE QGIS keeps freezing - QGIS Desktop 3.10.4

Koos Fransen Koos.Fransen at vub.be
Thu Apr 9 02:20:38 PDT 2020

Hi Bo

Thanks for your quick response!
Sorry for the minimal information provided, I wasn't sure what to add (first question to the QGIS user list).

To answer your questions:
OS: Windows 10 - 64 bit
QGIS version: 3.10.4 64 bit, stand-alone installation

I'm not in any networked set-up, I'm working from home on my own computer. I have only one plugin installed (QuickOSM), and I've already tried uninstalling, but without any difference.
Since my question I've been trying some things, and I have deleted the temporary QGIS files in my Local/Temp folder. When I open and use QGIS now, I have the feeling it's more stable again. It gives a hint of freezing up at the start, but afterwards all goes quite well again. Then again, not sure of this is a solid solution for fixing this issue, as I have experienced this issue before completely deleting and reinstalling everything QGIS-related on my laptop (using REVO uninstaller). After this, QGIS worked fine for about a week until today.
I do recall trying to load some large files into QGIS, maybe they were stored in a temporary directory somewhere and deleting the temporary files helped?

Anyways, it might be relevant for me to know. I've switched our courses from ArcGIS to QGIS, and I'm really happy about it, but I would like to be able to help my students if these kind of problems occur.

Thank for the help already, not sure if there's more to do for now, but let me know if you have any more ideas.

Kind regards
Koos

--
dr. Koos Fransen
Research unit Cosmopolis (VUB)

I am available for VUB on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and for UGent on Mondays and Wednesdays. Consequently, I try to structure meetings accordingly and answers to your mails may be delayed.