[Qgis-user] tracing

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Aug 10 22:57:52 PDT 2020

Hi Jake,

No - it shouldn't be necessary to recreate your project. It is probably
just a setting.

Can you snap to the vertices of the vector layer you want to trace
along? If not, can you at least select features in the layer you want to
trace along?

There are a number of settings that could prevent snapping and tracing:

- in the project settings you could have set a layer to not being able
to select

- the snap settings might have strange settings (map units, bad
distances).

Can you share the snap settings of the layer you want to trace along (a
screenshot of the digitizing toolbar or advanced snapping dock?)

But once you can snap, then you should also be able to trace.

Andreas