[Qgis-user] error loading tiff layer

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Mon Feb 3 04:12:05 PST 2020

Hi,
You can gave a raster using the correct coordinates (extents) but not with the CRS assigned.
Could I suggest you utilise gdal_edit ( https://gdal.org/programs/gdal_edit.html ) and assign the CRS EPSG:3116 to the raster and try again?
You can perform this within QGIS using the Processing tools just search for “edit” and select Assign Projection just select the valid CRS from the list and run it.
Hope this helps,

Regards,

Richard.

——
Richard McDonnell MSc GIS, FME Certified Professional
FRM Data Management

——
Oifig na nOibreacha Poiblí
Office of Public Works

Sráid Jonathan Swift, Baile Átha Troim, Co na Mí, C15 NX36
Jonathan Swift Street, Trim, Co Meath, C15 NX36
——
M +353 87 688 5964 T +353 1 647 6543
https://www.opw.ie

——