[Qgis-user] Qgis crashes while loading WMTS layers

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 04:35:19 PST 2020

Sorry I don't know enough about virtual memory implementation to comment.

The only software I am sufficiently familiar with from experience is
Gimp, which has the setting where you can specify the size of the tile
cache. So for example I have a tile cache set to 200 GB. It starts with
physical RAM then pushes into the swap space.

I can monitor the resource use of the system with a widget displayed on
the panel on the computer. This shows CPU use, memory and swap space
use. From there I can watch the resource use of the system while doing
things. I can compare the resource usage being displayed for the system
with the Gimp dashboard.

The assumption for me is that the operating system, in theory, presents
a virtual memory model to applications, whereby the actual physical
implementation is abstracted, such that when an application makes a
request for more memory allocated, it is essentially transparent where
the information is actually physically stored. Maybe that is not accurate?