[Qgis-user] QGIS uninstalled after GDAL PPA install

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Feb 19 11:17:39 PST 2020

Am 18.02.20 um 23:58 schrieb J. M:
> Hi again Andre,
>
> I don't actually understand what to do with this, because I can't run 'sudo
> apt-get install qgis qgis-plugin-grass' as it keeps giving me the same
> error messages about broken packages.

Yes, because you have packages that are compiled against a set of
libraries that does not match your computer. You have to remove,
autoremove and purge those QGIS packages to force a download from the
right folder.

> When you say this, I don't get what this link does. I click on it and it
> just takes me into a file hierarchy. Are users supposed to obtain the
> downloads from here, or is it purely informative?
> Try
> deb https://qgis.org/ubuntugis bionic main

That should go into your sources list, to replace the QGIS download
source you used before. The Ubuntu Software center has a tab for "other
Software" that holds the same information, so no need to edit the
sources file manually.

HTH,
Andre Joost