[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] Zoom to Scale Plugin - Should we include it on qgis.org?

Keith Smith keith at hillsmiths.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 00:21:57 PST 2020

Hi all
I am a very new user of QGIS and am doing an online tutorial for our wild honeybee conservation work in Africa. I am using version 3.10 but the tutorial calls for us to load the Opelayers Plugin, I cannot locate that for this version?
How do I solve this as I need to bring in Google maps to help show landmarks in the bush in Malawi
I would appreciate a heads on thios
Thanks
Keith Smith
Beeparks Trust

> On 21 Feb 2020, at 09:00, Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Also QGIS allows to create custom scale lists and switch between scales
> by selecting desired value from the scale combobox in the main window
> statusbar.
>
> пт, 21 лют. 2020 о 00:48 Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com <mailto:nyall.dawson at gmail.com>> пише:
>>
>> On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 at 05:37, C Hamilton <adenaculture at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> We have written a plugin that fixes the scale of the QGIS canvas to match the integral size of EPSG:3857 map server tiles. This way there is no degradation of the images by transformation. This has some similarities to the QGIS 2 plugin called Tile Map Scale Plugin which was never updated for QGIS 3.
>>
>> How is this different to the built-in "Tile Scale" panel? Can you clarify?
>>
>> Nyall
>>

>>> This only works with EPSG:3857 projections. I wish I could figure out a way to also match an EPSG:4326 tile cache to the canvas scale size, but I cannot use the map scale to calculate this because it changes as you move around.
>>>
>>> Would you be interested in having this plugin added into the QGIS repo? Unlike the Tile Map Scale Plugin ours only has a single toggle button to lock or unlock the QGIS scale to one of the predefined scales.
>>>
>>> Let me know what you think?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Calvin
>

> --