[Qgis-user] QGIS uninstalled after GDAL PPA install

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Feb 26 01:01:55 PST 2020

Am 26.02.20 um 00:12 schrieb J. M:

>     - I ran sudo apt-key list to check if the ubuntugis-unstable PPA was
>     still listed as trusted, and it didn't appear
>     - I added the ubuntugis stable PPA as recommended on
>     https://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/wiki/UbuntuGISRepository,

That wiki is outdated, the qgis.org/ubuntugis packages are compiled
against the ubuntugis *unstable* PPA, see
<https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#debian-ubuntu>

I guess you are better off without anything from ubuntugis at the
moment. So take the qgis.org/ubuntu-ltr bionic packages to avoid the
PROJ6 problems others mentioned.

You should run "apt-cache policy libgdal20" to see that you have GDAL
2.2.3 and nothing newer. See
<https://askubuntu.com/questions/92019/how-to-install-specific-ubuntu-packages-with-exact-version>
to learn how to install a specific version of a package.

And add "python3-qgis" to your install command.

> with sudo
>     add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ppa, and it appeared to duplicate your
>     command sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key
>     51F523511C7028C3. Is that possible when they appear to reference two
>     different PPA's?

The key is for the whole ubuntugis project, regardless of the branch you
are using. Same goes for QGIS.

>     - I ran sudo apt-get install qgis qgis-plugin-grass and received the
>     following error message, similar to before:
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies.
>   qgis : Depends: gdal-abi-2-2-3

Seems to be a non-ubuntugis package, but You don't have the GDAL version
2.2.3 installed, but a newer one from ubuntugis. Try to get rid of that
to remove all follow-up error messages.

HTH,
Andre Joost