[Qgis-user] Applying multiple styles to the same layer

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 20:28:51 PST 2020

Good day to all.

I have a Qgis project in which I would like to be able to have the same
layer appear twice in the layer list so that I can apply different
styling to it in each instance.

At the moment I am not aware of how I might do this apart from adding
the same layer to my project twice.

The layers are local Geopackage files (.gpkg) and there is known the
issue that Sqlite documentation does recommend against multiple
connections to a dataset, especially over a network, as this is somewhat
outside the design expectations of Sqlite.

Is there any other way I can have two different styles applied to a layer?

TIA