[Qgis-user] Closest Distance of a point within a polygon to the closest part of that polygon and the name of the adjacent polygon with the common boarder

David Kabay dkabay at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 9 21:18:37 PDT 2020

Hi

I have a challenge.  I have 2 vector data sets.  One is point vectors
(Occurrence of a soil fungus  Pc at a point  +red  with a year of sampling
as a label)  and polygon vectors that show the various surface geologies in
an area ( the name is on the boundary (purple)  Inside of the one it is
e.g. S10, S8 Mc1 etc.

QGIS can give me the number of Pc sample points in each polygon which I have
done.  I want to be able to get the distance from the point to the NEAREST
boundary and the other name of the surface geology of the closest adjoining
polygon I want it for all Pc points
How do I do that in QGIS ??

Thanks Dave

Dave Kabay