[Qgis-user] How to install QGIS in Debian 11?

Todd Pfaff pfaff at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Thu Jul 23 06:26:07 PDT 2020

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> - learn about 'flatpak' and use that to run 3.14
>   (https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#flatpak). Though
>   flatpak has some limitations as it runs in a sandbox...

Are those limitations and how they impact the capabilities of QGIS
documented anywhere?  I don't see anything about limitations here:

   https://www.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#flatpak

nor here:

   https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.qgis.qgis

I believe I've run into a big limitation.  I've installed flatpak QGIS
on a CentOS 7 linux system.  When I try to run it I get this error:

   $ flatpak run org.qgis.qgis
   QGIS starting in non-interactive mode not supported.
   You are seeing this message most likely because you have no DISPLAY
   environment variable set.

Any ideas about what limitation is causing that error?

Thanks!