[Qgis-user] Making a copyright free historical street map

Hamish Macdonald hamfran53 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 02:02:11 PDT 2020

Hi,
I want to create a street map of a town in France to restore the original
names of the streets and some locations. I have the data from old printed
maps so my needs are to create a copyright free base map into which I can
insert the names. Possibly by filtering out new and replacing with old. I
do not want to infringe copyright of OSM as I will be using my maps for a
publication. I should be grateful for any advice or recommendations. Thanks.
Hamish
PS it would also be great if once created I could use this as an inset map
on to a country or departmental map.