[Qgis-user] Multi users environment: From geopackage to a database?

Jésahel Benoist djes1975 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 03:47:26 PDT 2020

Le mer. 6 mai 2020 à 12:00, Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Jésahel  wrote
> > I've created a script to deactivate wal on samba shares, because samba
> is the main issue.
> > It contains this only line : QSettings().setValue("/qgis/walForSqlite3",
> False)
>
> That's interesting. Are you sure it's Samba?
> SQLite FAQ [2] confirms that NFS has problems.
> Did not find issues on Samba, but file locking with fcntl is mentioned
> here [3].

No, I was speaking specifically of my concern on samba shares, based on a
lot (a lot !) of reading/testing like
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/SQLite
https://www.sqlite.org/wal.html
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/224188/geopackage-error-is-mounted-and-in-wal-mode-this-combination-is-not-allowed

I confirm multi-users reading is possible.

If you have problems with WAL files (corrupted or unusable gpkg), you can
open the gpkg file with spatialite or another program and enter these SQL
queries :
PRAGMA integrity_check;
PRAGMA journal_mode = DELETE;