[Qgis-user] "Oops! No help available"

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu May 7 03:47:47 PDT 2020

Hi Thomas,

Which QGIS version are you trying?

With me for example if I run 3.10 I I go to the WMS-dialog and push the
button there, I see in (I have a debug build on Linux) in the log output:

Trying to open help using key
'working_with_ogc/ogc_client_support.html'. Full URI is
'https://docs.qgis.org/3.10/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_client_support.html'…

3.12 shows:

Trying to open help using key
'working_with_ogc/ogc_client_support.html'. Full URI is
'https://docs.qgis.org/3.12/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_client_support.html'…

And those are then (serverside) being redirected to 'testing':

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_client_support.html

Code for this is around here:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/qgshelp.cpp#L81-L178

It tests if it is a valid url en and then uses Qt-Desktop-services tools
to open it:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/gui/qgshelp.cpp#L38

You should be able to test this in the Python console:

QDesktopServices.openUrl(QUrl('https://docs.qgis.org/3.12/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_client_support.html'))

Is that opening you browser with:

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_ogc/ogc_client_support.html
?

Because this is vanilla Qt, I would think that it will use your proxy
settings... It is NOT using/going through QNetworkAccessManager, so the
Network Logging plugin will not pick it up.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde