[Qgis-user] vector point grid to raster grid -- pixel size does not work

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed May 13 09:00:34 PDT 2020

Hi,

You can also correct this 5x5 problem by using gdal grid with Nearest neighbour interpolation. You could use the point data to do this.

I also post a small presentation that can help go from vector to raster with point data. Sometimes, keeping it simple is better.

https://www.slideshare.net/shencoop/qgis-raster-to-point

If you do decide to make a shapefile with the csv, make sure to store the coordinates in a text field.  Placing the coordinates in a $x and $y object fields will lead to rounding.  Any rounding would corrupt the raster therefore you need to original coordinates for this to work. This may explain your problems also.

I used this method to change the geoids of a thousands of rasters because the program I was using was designed to change the z value for texte files only and not rasters (NRCAN GPS-H).

Nicolas Cadieux
Ça va bien aller!