[Qgis-user] vector point grid to raster grid -- pixel size does not work

Priv.-Doz. Dr. Maria Shinoto maria.shinoto at zaw.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu May 14 00:53:09 PDT 2020

Hi,

it seems that my points are too many. I am waiting for the TIN process to finish (needs a few hours it seems), then I will select a part of the point I am interested in and go on working on that selection. Then I will try your suggestions, thank you.

Some other remarks:

> You can also correct this 5x5 problem by using gdal grid with Nearest neighbour interpolation. You could use the point data to do this.

So the GDAL tools in the processing toolbox?

> I also post a small presentation that can help go from vector to raster with point data. Sometimes, keeping it simple is better.
>
> https://www.slideshare.net/shencoop/qgis-raster-to-point

This is the other way round, but I could check that everything went right with my .xyz-Data and the creation of the point cloud.

> If you do decide to make a shapefile with the csv, make sure to store the coordinates in a text field.  Placing the coordinates in a $x and $y object fields will lead to rounding.  Any rounding would corrupt the raster therefore you need to original coordinates for this to work. This may explain your problems also.

I do not really understand, but I think when I try, I will see what you mean.

> I used this method to change the geoids of a thousands of rasters because the program I was using was designed to change the z value for texte files only and not rasters (NRCAN GPS-H).

Sounds good :-)

I will report tomorrow again, and thanks for taking care,
Maria