[Qgis-user] Viewshed From Specific Elevation?

cgray at graytechsoftware.com cgray at graytechsoftware.com
Thu May 14 14:48:46 PDT 2020

I’ve done what you described – select a point away from the edge and manually adjust the observer height. This does work.

I also tested negative observer height. If it is surrounded, the viewshed simply shows nothing (neighboring pixels only).

However, I’m going to be doing 100+ points over multiple locations. Ideally, when I setup a viewshed point (including elevation), I can just run an analysis from that location and ignore the first 2m or so. I think manipulating every point will be cumbersome.

Thank you, Chris