[Qgis-user] Map contest: mapping Pi for the 3.14 splash screen

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri May 15 06:46:44 PDT 2020

Hi Richard,

Nice thoughts - and really nice photo of the ice with penguins!

I could envisage a very nice splash screen with a map of antarctica with
a nice azimuthal (stereographic or gnomonic) projection, the islands of
Pi and a pair of compasses on top of it, similar to this
https://www.mandalana.de/media/images/zirkel-kreis-zeichenvorlage-zeichnen-vorlage.jpg
but with a map and a marker of the Pi Islands in Antarctica.

Andreas