[Qgis-user] Export GeoPDF Mac

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat May 16 02:07:46 PDT 2020

Hi Adam,

GDAL is an integral part of QGIS. QGIS doesn't work without GDAL. So I'm
100% sure that your colleague on Windows also has GDAL. Maybe you just
aren't aware of it. If you go to the about screen in the help menu. What
does it say there about GDAL? On your Mac and on the Windows
installation of your colleague?

Also: what QGIS version do you use on the Mac? GeoPDF is relatively new
and you need both a new GDAL and a new QGIS. But normally you don't have
to worry about GDAL. If you use the new MacOS all in one installer, GDAL
should be installed automatically with it. With the older way of
installing QGIS on the Mac you still had to install it separately. Both
approaches have advantages/disadvantages.

Greetings,

Andreas