[Qgis-user] distance to the coast

Ville Koivisto ville.koivisto at kuntotekniikka.fi
Thu May 21 02:28:55 PDT 2020

Hi Nikos,

Other idea from the top of my head, you could create a point layer from your coast line (Qchainage, extract vertices…) and then run distance matrix between two point layers with 1 target points. Distance matrix output will give the closest point and distance to it. You might have to export your csv as shp or other vector format since I can’t recall if it’s possible to have csv as an input layer.

Best regards,

Ville Koivisto
+35840 701 4283
Head of GIS