[Qgis-user] distance to the coast

Christoph Jung jagodki.cj at gmail.com
Thu May 21 03:31:12 PDT 2020

Hi,

Besides the mentioned methods: if you also need the points on your coastline, the plugin Closest Points might be useful. It will calculate the closest points on the coastline for all of your features of your point layer. The result layer provides a field with the id’s of your input layer to create a join after running the plugin (and with the join, you can calculate the distance).

Sincerely,
Christoph