[Qgis-user] wishing for accurate lattitude/longitude from a cell phone

Mike Hyslop mdhyslop at mtu.edu
Sat May 23 12:53:05 PDT 2020

If you don't want to attempt to engineer your own GNSS hardware + software,
you may want to check out the Bad Elf GNSS Surveyor. Yes, it's in the
neighborhood of $500 US, but gives relatively consistent positions within
about 1 meter with averaging, its data can be differentially
corrected using the RTKLIB open-source software, and if you are working in
an area with cell service, it can receive real-time corrections via NTRIP
networks if this is available in your area (it is here in Michigan). Some
Googling will turn up tutorials. I have done some simple comparisons with
Trimble hardware and have been pleased with the results.

Best,
Mike