[Qgis-user] Opening properties of WMS or XYZ-Tile layer crashing QGIS

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Nov 4 04:38:45 PST 2020

Hi,

all in sudden in my default profile, each attempt to open the properties
of WMS layer or XYZ leads to an immediate crash of QGIS. (3.16 Linux Mint)

Starting QGIS from terminal it shows this while crashing:

QGIS died on signal 11Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches
the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Vorgang nicht zulässig.
No thread selected
No stack.
gdb returned 0

In a relatively new and clean profile, this does not happen.

I so far uninstalled some lately installed plugin but to no avail, then
I at least deactivated all other plugins. No change in behaviour.

Can anyone point me to the source of the problem?

Cheers,

Bernd