[Qgis-user] Problem exporting to pdf

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Nov 15 04:07:06 PST 2020

On 11/15/20 12:56 PM, António Pestana wrote:
> Bom dia Jorge.
>
> I don't know what the "layer tree" is... I did change the name of the layer (in the layers panel) to ASCII characters only but had no luck. In order to solve this problem I had to change the name of the four files of the shapefile accordingly.

'The layer tree' is the 'Legend' or the 'Layers panel' (often to the left of the map).
When you load a shapefile the 'name' of the layer you get is... the name of the shapefile. The issue looks like when you create a pdf it cannot hold characters with diacritical's (?) in layernames apparently?
What you did (renaming the shape) is more or less the same :-) You removed the diacriticals from the layernames...

Please create an issue if you can, preferebly with a small example dataset. Let us know if this is a problem, then we can do it.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde