[Qgis-user] Vote for Lat Lon Tools Default Coordinate Order - YX or XY

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Fri Nov 20 17:31:22 PST 2020

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 12:10:58 -0500, C Hamilton <adenaculture at gmail.com>
wrote:

  My two cents, one for each statement:

  1- As the tool is named LatLong, it seems fair to hope that the
default order, at installation at least, would be this one.

  2- I don't know if possible to message the user at installation or
upon first use.  If any of this is possible, perhaps a message stating
the default and indication that is possible to change could be an idea
to consider.

   HTH.

> It was suggested to me that the default coordinate order in the Lat
> Lon Tools plugin for coordinate capture and zoom-to tools should be
> "longitude, latitude" or "X, Y". Originally, Lat Lon Tools was
> designed to work with on-line maps which are generally "latitude,
> longitude" order.
>
> You can always go into the plugin settings and specify which order
> you want and that order will be preserved everytime you launch QGIS.
> The default order is only applicable the first time you install "Lat
> Lon Tools" or if you do a reset to defaults in the Lat Lon Tools
> settings menu,
>
> Who prefers Lat Lon Tools to default to "longitude, latitude" or "X,
> Y" when the plugin is first installed or reset to default values?
>
> Who prefers Lat Lon Tools to default to "latitude, longitude (Google
> map order)" or "Y, X" when the plugin is first installed or reset to
> default values?
>
> I'm just checking to see if I should make this change or not.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Calvin

  Roxo

--