[Qgis-user] Alternative to Evis plugin to view images with relative path

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sun Oct 11 09:20:49 PDT 2020

Hi Scott,

you really should answer to the list instead of me personal.
I'm not a developer, just a curious user reading the list to be up-to-date.

Like with all stuff in open source software: Things do not develop
themselves. There have to be developers with the skills , time and
devotion to build something.

Or there are sponsors who pay for the development. Unfortunately, there
is no real smooth path to start an initiative which brings together
users with a need, developers with a skill, and money to compensate the
efforts.

In case of the eVis plugin: There should maybe have been a real user
survey on its usage before dumping it without a proper replacement. But
thats just how it happened, so the only thing you can do is gather more
users and see if someone steps up with a proposal.