[Qgis-user] New Map View / New 3D Map View not opening

Nicole Stoffels n.stoffels at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 9 01:09:58 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I would like to create a 3D map view of DEM data with QGIS 3.16.5 on a
Windows 10. I used this dataset for a test:

https://www.lgln.niedersachsen.de/download/121709/ATKIS-DGM_DGM1_DGM5_DGM10_DGM25_DGM50_aus_dem_aktuellen_Laserdatenbestand_.zip

I load the data as a raster which works just fine (EPSG: 25832). I can
produce hillshades and everything. But when I go to View -> New 3D Map View
absolutely nothing happens. No new window opens. I don't even get an error
message. The same happens with New Map View.

At gis.stackexchange I can't find entries with similar problems.

Does anyone have any ideas, solutions, the same problems?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards
Nicole