[Qgis-user] Editing attribute tanle

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sun Apr 11 11:36:32 PDT 2021

Hi Paddy,

you have to understand the concept, that attributes of a feature have
noting to do with its geometry.

The attributes table can hold any kind of information, in case of point
layer of course its coordinates as well, but those values will not
change when you change the geometry nor vice versa They are simply some
numbers filled into that table.

So you could e.g. drag the wrong positioned points to their correct
locations (node tool) and then fill in the coordinates via the field
calculator ($y and $x, see the documentation), but this is more or less
only "cosmetic" as this information is in most cases not really helpfull.

In case of towns, there is actually no such thing as a "correct"
coordinate of a representing point, or it is at least pseudo-correct.

Cheers,

Bernd