[Qgis-user] authomatic georeferencing or positioning of a feature

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 01:15:26 PDT 2021

Hi Mary,

Depends on whether you have turned your geolocation on in your camera
settings.

Recently we have added the function in https://inputapp.io (a mobile app
based on QGIS) which records location and direction of the photos you take:
https://twitter.com/lutraconsulting/status/1380811414932164610

I hope it helps.

Kind regards
Saber

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 09:06, Mary Neale <mary at maryneale.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> If I were to Take a photo on a mobile phone with geolocation turned on,
> could I then upload the data into Qgis to accurately plot it?
>
> Many thanks Mary
>
> On 11/04/2021 19:36, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
>
> Hi Paddy,
>
> you have to understand the concept, that attributes of a feature have
> noting to do with its geometry.
>
> The attributes table can hold any kind of information, in case of point
> layer of course its coordinates as well, but those values will not change
> when you change the geometry nor vice versa They are simply some numbers
> filled into that table.
>
> So you could e.g. drag the wrong positioned points to their correct
> locations (node tool) and then fill in the coordinates via the field
> calculator ($y and $x, see the documentation), but this is more or less
> only "cosmetic" as this information is in most cases not really helpfull.
>
> In case of towns, there is actually no such thing as a "correct"
> coordinate of a representing point, or it is at least pseudo-correct.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bernd
>

> On 11.04.21 19:28, Pat Brown wrote:
>
> Hi
>     I am having a problem with changing co-ordinate in my attribute table.
> I am using QGIS 3.18 on WIN 97,so far without any issues.
>    It is a point layer with towns and their co-ordinates. Three of these
> data points had empty co-ordinate records and they displayed way out of
> position. This was already a mystery as I couldn't figure out how it could
> display without these. I then filled in the correct co-ordinates but the
> points are still displaying incorrectly.
>    Then I noticed that on the "identify feature" panel there is a subunit
> called (Derived) and it says (clicked coordinate X and Y). How do I edit
> this or get rid of this?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Paddy

Saber Razmjooei