[Qgis-user] Issue with zip library in QGIS 18 / Ubuntu 21.04

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 10:59:49 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

The QGIS 18 version for Ubuntu 21.04 "hirsute" depends on the Ubuntu
package libzip5:

$ apt-cache rdepends libzip5
libzip5
Reverse Depends:
  libqgis-core3.18.0
$

Unfortunately, libzip5 is not packaged in Ubuntu 21.04; instead there is a
> libzip4.  I asked colleagues on the Ubuntu quality control mailing list for
> suggestions.  Thomas Ward writes:
>
> I've done some digging for you on this.  Firstly, `libzip` which holds the
> `libzip5` binary package is in Universe, meaning that it gets patched when
> it has to but for the most part is in line with Debian, except for a
> handful of patches which handle failing package tests.
>
> In Debian, sometime between versions 1.5.x and 1.7.x the package names
> changed from libzip5 to libzip4.  As such, the package is `libzip4` in
> Hirsute now.
>
> There is *no* changelog entry for this that matches this, so I've added
> Ondrej Sury who is one of the uploaders of the package to this as they may
> have insight into what happened here to cause this.

I'm writing to this list regarding this problem, but perhaps this note
should be redirected elsewhere - if anyone has suggestions please let me
know!
--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.