[Qgis-user] Fixing i386 architecture warning on Ubuntu 21.04

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:23:55 PDT 2021

Good day everyone,

In case this may be of interest to some of you... This morning I noticed on
my Ubuntu 21.04 system that when I ran

sudo apt update

I received the following message

N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as
repository 'https://qgis.org/ubuntu hirsute InRelease' doesn't support
architecture 'i386'

I'm not sure why nor how i386 packages have crept into my new-from-scratch
system; it could be Ubuntu supporting Steam, it could be something coming
from Signal, or whatever.

Anyway, following the ideas in this link

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61523447/skipping-acquire-of-configured-file-main-binary-i386-packages

I changed the line in my

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/archive_uri-https_qgis_org_ubuntu-hirsute.list

from

deb https://qgis.org/ubuntu hirsute main

deb [arch=amd64] https://qgis.org/ubuntu hirsute main

Now when I run apt update, no more i386 messages.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.