[Qgis-user] minor enhancement proposals

Ari Meyer ari.meyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 15:09:35 PDT 2021

Hi,

A couple minor enhancements I wanted to propose for discussion (I wasn't
sure if I should create new github issues at this time):

   1. Add info to Help->About for:
      1. OSGeo Home/root directory -- I have multiple QGIS versions on my
      laptop, so it would be nice to have a quick sanity check mechanism
      2. Related to above, given that we now have V1 and V2 installers that
      install different dependency versions for the same QGIS version (ie,
      3.16.9-1), perhaps an indication of which installer/repo was
used?  I know
      we list important dependencies on the About window, but this
would add more
      clarity.
      3. The installation type: ie, qgis-ltr, qgis-ltr-full, qgis-dev, etc.
      4. The exact QGIS version: 3.16.9-1 Hannover rather than just
      3.16.9-Hannover
      5. Any other important version info you can think of
   2. Some of the menu items have underlined shortcut keys, but most
   don't.  It would be nice to have them wherever possible, following de facto
   standards.  For instance, I currently can't do Alt-H A to show the About
   screen.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Ari