[Qgis-user] QGIS: Export Metadata from postgis tables to shp?

celati Laurent laurent.celati at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 07:15:57 PST 2021

Good afternoon,

With qgis, the description of a data seems to be available for filling and
consultation via the 'information' and 'metadata' tabs in "LAYER
PROPERTIES". There seem to be bridges between postgis and qgis. For
example, when I fill the "Comment" field of a table with pgadmin, the
content of the description is visible with qgis in the "Information" menu
in the Comment line and in the Abstract line. The description is also
visible in the "Metadata" menu in the Summary section / Identification tab.

For some postgis tables, I have also described the data thanks to the
usefull Pgmetadata plugin.

My need would be to be able to export these different data descriptions
during exports from these postgis tables toward files in shp format for
example. That these descriptions be kept during the export. Is it possible?
If yes, which tools / resources would exist?

Thanks a lot.