[Qgis-user] Qgis/Postgis : Disable double authentication request?

Frank Broniewski hallo at frankbroniewski.com
Thu Dec 2 23:41:27 PST 2021

Hi Laurent,

how do you authenticate against the PostGIS database? Do you use the
Authentication manager? Then you might run into the same questions I
asked last week, you might want to do a search on the mailing lists
archive to see the answers I received on that topic.

In any case, if you use the authentication manager, the connection
credetials to the PostGIS database are stored with a unique ID which is
then in turn used in the layers connection string for reference. SInce
this ID is different for each user, you run into the problem you
encountered.

So, basically you have two options here:

* create an authentication entry with the same ID on each machine

* use PostgreSQL service files to connect to the database

The QGIS manual has a nice round up on the topic, you can find the
related parts here
https://docs.qgis.org/3.16/en/docs/user_manual/managing_data_source/opening_data.html?highlight=authentication#database-related-tools

HTH,

Frank