[Qgis-user] File based Geopackage bugs

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:36:54 PST 2021

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 12:12, Patrick Dunford <enzedrailmaps at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recall going back someway we were sold this Geopackage idea being
> implemented into Qgis because it was going to be so much better than
> shape files that everyone has been using up to now. I bought into these
> ideas by converting shape files in most of my Qgis projects into
> Geopackage files.
>
> However there appear to be some serious bugs in Qgis' implementation of
> Geopackages as a file based system, and since SQlite has an impeccable
> reputation, it is a reasonable conclusion that there must be significant
> uncorrected bugs in the Qgis code that deals with file based Geopackages.

Please have a read over the threads at
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2020-March/060584.html
and  https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2020-May/061162.html

All your issues were discussed at length in those threads -- so
there's lots of background info there. Suffice to say, as you've
realised, many of the issues are still outstanding and yes, geopackage
can be a pain (a nightmare?) to use for some workflows.

Nyall