[Qgis-user] File based Geopackage bugs

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 13:23:41 PST 2021

Hi Bernd

Thanks for your comments

As a previous commenter wrote, Spatialite also uses a similar format to
Geopackage being also based on SQLite.

So far in my testing of Spatialite I have found it to have neither
issue. Spatialite converted from Geopackage creates another field called
ogc_fid and ignores the fid field from the Geopackage. A test paste
resulted in the ogc_fid values being automatically updated to new ones
when the table is posted.

I dropped several columns in a table with 38,000 records and saw no data
loss with Spatialite, either.

I still have to test with 2.18 and the newest master to see how they
work with geopackage files before filing a bug report.

I guess a question is whether the server based implementation of
Geopackage has these issues.