[Qgis-user] Georeferencing a DXF file

Walt Ludwick walt at valedalama.net
Wed Feb 3 21:19:22 PST 2021

Thanks Jorge, Jochen, Alex, Gabriel, Bernd: Seeing as how it was mentioned
by several times here -also in the current qgis-dev thread that Alex
pointed out- i've installed it the "Vector Bender" plugin, which looks from
the docs like a good solution to this problem, and moreover easy to use per
the video <https://vimeo.com/96142479>... But, alas, it failed with the
message *"Bending transformation unavailable because you miss
dependencies."*

This error message is anticipated in the help file, which explains the
problem thusly: *"This plusing relies on matplotlib 1.3.0, which itself
relies on other libraries. Unfortunately, it seems OSGeo4W installs old
version of them, at least under windows, which prevents from using the
bending transformation type. On my setup (windows, QGIS-dev 2.3), I had to
install those packages (for python 2.7) manually : - matplotlib 1.3.1 :
http://matplotlib.org/downloads.html <http://matplotlib.org/downloads.html>
- pyparsing 1.5.6 :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyparsing/files/pyparsing/pyparsing-1.5.6/
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyparsing/files/pyparsing/pyparsing-1.5.6/>
- numpy 1.8.1 : http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/> "*

So now i'm wondering, about those three python packages mentioned, which
i'm guessing are rather old: Would they be compatible with my current setup
(QGIS 3.16.3-Hannover, running on macOS 10.13.6 HighSierra)? And if so,
then is there a simple way to install them -ideally within QGIS, and
without having to perform any command-line magic?

ps: of course @Bernd you are right that getting the problem corrected at
source (i.e. the architect's AutoCAD file) would be easier for me... But
not possible at the moment in this case, alas!