[Qgis-user] Qfield on TDC600

Ivan Dananaj ivan.dananaj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:11:26 PST 2021

Hi,

I would like to ask you for advice with a problem that occurred after
installing the Qfield application (latest version, but also older versions)
on the Trimble TDC600 (android 8). I prepared a project in QGIS (3.14.16).

The cursor on the screen does not move at the same time as I move, there is
a delay of about 70 seconds. I'm also sending a picture where I've tried to
illustrate the problem. After I arrived at a certain place, I immediately
made a point in front of the entrance to the building. The cursor at that
time was about 100 m from that place and the position of the point was also
recorded there (showing accuracy below 1m). The cursor was still moving to
my place. By the time I took the photo (using a widget for photos), the
cursor moved to a place about halfway between where I was standing and
where the point was recorded. The coordinates of the cursor at that time
were assigned. But the photo (towards the entrance to the building) was
taken from the place where I was standing.

Occasionally, the cursor reached the actual position and pointed
accurately. But, if I wanted to add a new point, after saving, there was a
delay again after adding it.

There was no such problem with other applications (LocusGIS, Google maps,
TerraFlex). The problem also occurred in these applications when Qfield was
turned on simultaneously.

I have good experience using the Qfield app on other devices (Trimble
TDC100, android 5) or phones with higher versions of android.

Can you help me how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

With regards
Ivan Dananaj