[Qgis-user] Support - representing a graph in Qgis

chris hermansen clhermansen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 15:32:42 PST 2021

Giacomo and list,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 3:06 PM Giacomo Uguccioni <
giacomo.uguccioni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you guys for the support.
> Could I work with Graphviz in the python console inside Qgis? And does
> Graphviz support shapefiles or similar as an input?
>
> I'm not at all positive I'm understanding precisely what you want to do,
maybe Jorge or others are.

It sounds like you have shapefiles (or some kind of geodata) that has roads
and intersections.  This is already a graph.  You also say "with a
non-geographic but schematic / ideal criterion" which somehow made me think
of Graphviz, because it's designed to show non-geographic graphs and
automatically lay them out.

But now reading the above maybe all you want to do is symbolize your road /
intersection network according to some attributes.  If that's the case you
don't need Graphviz I think, just some work on symbology driven by
attribute values.

Maybe you could give us a bit more detail, or maybe do a sketch with pen on
paper and take a photo?

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.