[Qgis-user] osgeo4w shell gdal_calc not running

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Thu Feb 25 19:36:18 PST 2021

Hi Nicolas,

thanks. I tried that route and removed all user folder references to osgeo4w and qgis, then deinstalled and removed osgeo4w completely , and reinstalled osgeo4w.

I still have a problem (and also on a  second machine on windows 10 the same)
though it is now a different error message:

Fatal Python error: initfsencoding: unable to load the file system codec
  File "C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\Python27\lib\encodings\__init__.py", line 123
    raise CodecRegistryError,\
                            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Three is a python27 folder under osgeo4w created after installation not sure that is supposed to be there

Any ideas how to solve ?

Cheers
Karsten

  _____