[Qgis-user] osgeo4w shell gdal_calc not running

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Feb 26 05:45:28 PST 2021

Hi Karsten,

On Thu, 25. Feb 2021 at 15:25:14 -0800, karsten wrote:
> on my updated windows 10 I am trying to run gdal_calc via the osego4w shell
> (newest version).

Meaning the testing installer?  Upgrading a existing installs to testing is not
supported.  Install fresh or keep using the old repo - which also has 3.18 (but
without all the new dependencies and therefore w/o point cloud support).

> I can see gdal_calc when running 0-help. When I try to run it: gdal_calc

> I am getting the following error:

> Unable to create process using 'C:\OSGEO4~1\bin\python.exe
> "C:\OSGeo4W64\apps\Python27\Scripts\gdal_calc.py" '

The default python in testing is 3.9 and gdal_calc from testing expects that,
but the default python in the old repo is python 2.7, which is apparently what
you have.  So it looks like you tried to upgrade your existing install, which as
said will not work.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode