[Qgis-user] Selecting Records Using an external Text File

Grant Boxer boxerg at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 2 02:10:12 PST 2021

I have a located file with 20k+ records containing photo file names,
locations and other data. I have another list of 500+ containing photo
file names only (one field/column) that I would like to use to extract
the data from the 20+k file (e.g. location and other info) by using the
photo file name. Is there an expression to compare a value in a field in
the small text file and select that record in the larger file, i.e.
select by using the small text file? Any suggestions? Hope this makes sense.

Cheers Grant Boxer

Perth Western Australia