[Qgis-user] Two versions seem to be installed. I only want 3.10.13

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Sun Jan 10 05:24:02 PST 2021

Hi there,

The OSGeo4w installer provides a number of options for adding AND removing
the installations from the advanced installation interface[1].

You can review all the installed options and remove/ add multiple versions
which can exist alongside each other, usually pretty happily. The
installers will all be available from the "C:\OSGeo4W64\bin" folder. I
recommend starting the program with the relative batch file.
e.g. qgis-ltr.bat

You shouldn't actually need to remove a particular version. There may be
many other options available depending on what's installed, including, for
example, qgis.bat, qgis-dev.bat, qgis-dev-g7.bat. Launching from the bat
files will help ensure that your path and environment variables are set
correctly.

In terms of what's available from the Start/ Programs menu, as far as I
know the available/ default shortcut will be placed in your
"%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" directory. I'm not
entirely sure what gets added to the registry (if anything), but you can
always create your own shortcut and add it there to access it from the
start menu.

Note I'm assuming you have admin privileges on your machine. I hope that
helps.

[1] - https://imgur.com/a/gyGsMk6