[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] New QGIS Date/Time Tools Plugin

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jan 22 07:38:26 PST 2021

On 1/22/21 3:54 PM, C Hamilton wrote:

>     And upon restart I do not get the message anymore... So apparently 'Plugin Dependencies Manager' is not working ok the first time (I started a fresh profiles-path AND thus profile)
>

> I am not sure I correctly set up the plugin_dependencies tag in metadata.txt. I couldn't find any examples. Here is what I have in metadata.txt.

I had a look into the code, and concluded that is meant to be used for inter-plugin dependencies.
Then I googled:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/132
so I think you can remove it from your metadata.txt (unless Alessandro maybe can reveal a new trick from his sleeve about Python module dependencies :-) )

>     One remark: we (as The Netherlands, are currently UTC+1 (CET), but If I click just outside the north of NL (Waddenzee) outside of the xx-miles zone, I get +0
>     As if the timeline is very east of NL there? Scandinavia is also +1 and is on the same degree.. more or less
>
> Time zone boundaries are not in bands except in the ocean and even there they may shift one way or the other around Islands. They are based on political and geographical boundaries. Take a look at: https://github.com/evansiroky/timezone-boundary-builder <https://github.com/evansiroky/timezone-boundary-builder>

Ah, clear (I think). I loaded that shapefile and see that the data is more or less a buffer around the countries/islands.
I thought more that is was a combinaties of areas shaped as long lines, like the colored image attached.

When you click in the North sea just above The Netherlands, you end up with UTC. but that is probably ok as maybe a timezone is/should be undefined if you do not click on land?

>     Is it possible to visualize the time-lines?
>

> What do you mean by visualize the time-lines? I am planning on showing the timezone bounding box when you click on the map.

As said: I thought there were lines crossing the oceans... but live is never that easy :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde