[Qgis-user] Clipping WMS Layer for Export to Geo PDF

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Sat Jul 31 09:46:17 PDT 2021

The latest releases of QGIS support "clipping settings" for map frames in
layouts [1]. This means that you can "clip" the map frame to a specific
shape within the layout, or an atlas item. You cannot clip the map to a
specific feature, however, but I expect you could get around this by
creating an atlas from a layer with only one feature. I'm not very familiar
with Avenza so I'm unsure how well this would suit your needs.

One other thing to note is that your "area of interest" polygon does not
necessarily need to be differenced with a bounding area separately, as you
may simply use the "Inverted Polygons" style to mask off your relevant area
of interest.

Regards

[1]
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/visualchangelog316/index.html#clip-layout-maps-to-shape