[Qgis-user] Compiling messages Qgis 3.18.3

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Fri Jun 11 03:09:29 PDT 2021

APM wrote
> So I copy and paste the file directly and stored it as 'srs-fix.diff':

Hi,
if you've download the patch file from
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/4036e3d6ae71ffefc48a22295e338f59502949bb.diff
then you need to substitute in it, using a text editor, any reference to the
file to patch from
src/core/proj/qgscoordinatereferencesystem.cpp
src/core/qgscoordinatereferencesystem.cpp
before applying the patch.

Anyway, I think it could be simpler to use a text editor to directly change
your src/core/qgscoordinatereferencesystem.cpp in the source directory, just
substituting

at line 2402

if ( !ellipseMatch.hasMatch() )

with

if ( ellipseMatch.hasMatch() )

and at line 2413

ellipsoid.clear();

with

ellipsoid = "":

and then save and build again and install.

Regards.

Andrea