[Qgis-user] Reduce the file size of the shape file

krishna Ayyala ayyalakrishna at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 12:51:51 PDT 2021

Hello,
I have a "Streets" shape file of a state with about 12000 lines. For the
same geographic area I have "Blocks_Centroids" shape file of about 6000
points. I ran the tool as shown below. It resulted in a shapefile
"ShortestPath" with 6000 lines. The size of the "Streets" shape file with
12000 lines is 5000 KB. Whereas the size of the output shape file
"ShortestPath" with only 6000 lines is 270,000 KB. Is there a way to reduce
the file size? The reason is I need to upload this in a different platform
which cannot accept shapefiles larger than 10,000 KB.

[image: image.png]