[Qgis-user] Reduce the file size of the shape file

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:43:33 PDT 2021

Hi,

To my knowledge no.  You could simplify the geometries but that would probably come with a resolution penalty (missing nodes).  You could perhaps change the field data type.  For example, an int data type will probably use less space than a float with a 16 decimal value.  A text field can be reduced to the minimum size needed.  You can also try to save the file under an other name.  Depending on where the file was created and used, saving the file could “permanently delete” some previous deleted components.  Can you use another file format?

Nicolas Cadieux
https://gitlab.com/njacadieux