[Qgis-user] Identify Results customization?

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Sat May 22 06:03:31 PDT 2021

On the attribute window you can organize data and turn off fields - but
they still appear using the identify window. Try this:

  * Right click on your layer
  * Go to properties
  * Go to Forms
  * Set the widget type for the field you want to hide to "hidden" and
    it won't show up with identify results.....but it does still show up
    in the attribute window........Heh. (I wasn't expecting that but
    I've learned something).

So I'm guessing it a combination of hiding the field using organize
columns button and Setting with widget type to "hidden".

On 5/22/21 8:07 AM, Kerrie Bushway wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I have a few layers in a QGIS project where I have hidden some
> unnecessary fields from the attribute table, however they still show
> up in the Identify Results window when using the Identify Tool. Is
> there a way to customize the fields seen in the Identify Results window?
>
> Or is there another solution I can use so that my intended users (very
> beginner level) are only seeing the information they need to see in a
> stationary window? (Map Tips doesn't sound like what I need).
>
> Thanks!
> Kerrie Bushway

Randal Hale
rjhale at northrivergeographic.com